Notice for Existing Registered Shareholders

For existing registered shareholders whose shares are held with Computershare, Bank of Hawaii Corporation’s stock transfer and dividend paying agent:

If you have not contacted Computershare in three years, your property may be at risk of being escheated to the state. We recommend making contact with Computershare at least once a year in order to avoid your shares being deemed unclaimed or abandoned under state law. State unclaimed property laws vary, but some examples of contact that may prevent your shares from escheatment are voting your shares, cashing a dividend check, accessing your Computershare account online, or making a call to Computershare that can be validated as being from the shareholder or legal representative.

You may contact Computershare, online by creating an Investor Center Account at or via telephone Toll Free 1 (888) 660-5443 or outside the US and Canada at 1 (312) 360-5184.

Show All

Registered Shareholder FAQs

Who is a registered shareholder?
A registered shareholder is a person, Trust, or other legal entity who holds shares of stock directly with the company. A person who holds Bank of Hawaii Corporation stock in stock certificate form or in the dividend reinvestment plan administered by Bank of Hawaii Corporation’s stock transfer agent, Computershare Trust Company, N.A., is an example of a registered shareholder. As a registered shareholder, you are able to access your accounts via Investor Centre 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
How do I register?

If you are a first-time user, you will need to secure an authorization code to enable you to gain full access to Investor Centre. Visit Investor Centre’s registration page and input the Bank’s ticker symbol (“BOH”) under Ticker Symbol, and your holder account number and postal code. Go through the 4-step process and you will receive a confirmation of your registration via e-mail.

After you register, you will receive an authorization code in the mail and instructions on how to activate your account for unrestricted transactional functionality the next time you log in.

If I hold my shares with a brokerage firm, will I be able to access my accounts via Investor Centre?
No, if you hold shares of Bank of Hawaii Corporation stock through a brokerage firm, you must contact your broker for account information.
How do I access my account via Investor Centre?

After registering, you can sign on to view your accounts in one of two ways:

  1. Go to, select Log In, select ‘Shareholders’.
  2. Directly access Investor Centre.
Once I register on Investor Centre, what will I be able to do?

Through Computershare’s Investor Centre Web service, registered shareholders can manage their accounts online.  Registration is free and can be completed in minutes! With Investor Centre you can:

  • View your account details, account balance and transaction history
  • Review and print certificate history details or Dividend Reinvestment Plan (DRP) account details
  • Change your address
  • Review and print dividend check payment details
  • Enroll in online delivery of proxy materials and account statements
  • View instructions on transferring shares and download various standard forms
  • Access stock quotes and price history
  • Enroll in DRP and direct deposit and automatic debit services
  • Update your account with Social Security number for tax purposes
  • Retrieve duplicate tax forms or statements
  • Sell shares online


What should I do if I lose or forget my authorization code?

If you lost or forgot your authorization code, call Computershare at 1-888-660-5443; Non-U.S. residents 312-360-5184 or contact Computershare at

How do I transfer stock ownership?

To re-register or transfer shares, send the stock certificates to Computershare Trust Company, N.A. accompanied by an appropriately executed stock power for each transferee. Each transferee’s name, address, and social security number must be provided on the stock power. If you are transferring shares from a DRP account, you must indicate on the stock power the DRP account number from which the shares are being transferred. If you are transferring the shares into a DRP account, you must indicate the DRP account # the shares are being transferred to and in the case of a new DRP account, you must provide a DRP enrollment form signed by the transferee. Also, the transferor must sign his/her name exactly as it appears on the certificate or on the DRP account registration. If the certificate or DRP account is registered in more than one name, each person must sign the stock power. Each signature must be guaranteed by a duly authorized officer of a financial institution participating in the Securities Transfer Agent Medallion Program (STAMP). You must present a valid picture ID when signing the stock power. Bank of Hawaii charges a $5 fee for this service.

We strongly recommend you use registered mail or an overnight courier service when sending your certificates to Computershare.

First Class, Registered & Certified Mail
Computershare Trust Company, N.A.
P.O. Box 43078
Providence RI 02940-3078
United States

Overnight Delivery
Computershare Trust Company, N.A.
150 Royall St., Suite 101
Canton, MA 02021
United States

How do I replace a lost or stolen stock certificate?

If stock certificates are lost, stolen or destroyed, notify Computershare immediately at 1-888-660-5443; Non-U.S. residents 312-360-5184. You will be required to provide an affidavit of loss (Computershare will provide the form) and will be charged by the surety company an insurance premium equal to 3% of the value of the shares lost, stolen or destroyed.

How do I enroll and invest in the Bank’s Dividend Reinvestment and Stock Purchase Plan?

Investor Centre makes enrolling in the Dividend Reinvestment and Stock Purchase Plan (“Plan”) convenient. Be sure to review the prospectus before enrolling. When you enroll in the Plan, your dividends on all your registered shares, whether held physically by you or in book-entry, are reinvested in Bank of Hawaii Corporation stock. Please call Computershare at 1-888-660-5443; Non-U.S. residents 312-360-5184 if you have questions about enrolling online.

What is and why is Bank of Hawaii Corporation using Direct Registration System (DRS)?

Bank of Hawaii Corporation has elected to use the Direct Registration System as its means of recording stock ownership. DRS is share ownership without paper stock certificates. Your shares are held in book-entry form. As the Company’s Transfer Agent, Computershare keeps a record of your shares on the Company’s register of owners. When you transfer or sell DRS shares, the transaction takes place electronically without the movement of physical stock certificates.

Using DRS:

  • Eliminates your risk of loss, theft or destruction of certificates, plus the time and expense to replace a lost certificate
  • Eliminates the cost of maintaining a secure place to keep your certificates
  • Makes your stock transactions faster and easier
  • Saves the Company unnecessary printing and mailing expenses
  • Supports the U.S. securities industry’s move towards certificateless shares
  • Has become the global standard of share ownership
  • Offers a quick and convenient way of selling your DRS shares
Without certificates, how will I know how many shares I own?

Each time you have a share transaction you are sent a Direct Registration Transaction Advice reporting the number of Bank of Hawaii Corporation’s shares you hold in book-entry form. You are also sent a Transaction Request Form which can be used for sales transactions.

How do I convert the certificates I already hold to DRS?

You may convert your Bank of Hawaii Corporation certificated shares to DRS by sending your stock certificate(s) and the completed Transaction Request Form to:

First Class, Registered & Certified Mail
Computershare Trust Company, N.A.
P.O. Box 43078
Providence RI 02940-3078
United States

Overnight Delivery
Computershare Trust Company, N.A.
150 Royall St., Suite 101
Canton, MA 02021
United States

Note: Stock Certificates cannot be converted to DRS shares without the receipt of the physical certificate. It is recommended that you use registered mail or an overnight courier.

How do I sell my DRS shares?

Complete the Transaction Request Form and mail it to:

First Class, Registered & Certified Mail
Computershare Trust Company, N.A.
P.O. Box 43078
Providence RI 02940-3078
United States

Overnight Delivery
Computershare Trust Company, N.A.
150 Royall St., Suite 101
Canton, MA 02021
United States


Sell online after becoming an Investor Centre member at


Call Computershare’s Shareholder Contact Center at 1-888-660-5443; Non-US residents 312-360-5184 and sell through the automated telephone service (IVR system).

Fees associated with the sale of shares:
$15.00 each transaction plus $0.12 per share. There is an additional $15 fee to speak to a registered broker through the Shareholder Contact Center.

Can I transfer my DRS shares to my broker?
Yes, have your broker request your shares be sent to them through the Depository Trust Company’s Direct Registration Profile System. You will need to supply your broker with a copy of your latest DRS Advice and the following information:
  • Your Computershare Account Number (listed on your Advice)
  • Your Social Security Number
  • Computershare’s DTC Number, 7807
  • The number of whole shares you wish to move from your Computershare account to your brokerage account
What are the fees I may incur for shareholder services provided by Computershare?

The prevailing fees are set forth below:

Dividend Reinvestment and Direct Registration Sales
$15 each transaction plus $0.12 per share sold
$15 service fee to speak to a registered broker

Duplicate Dividend/Tax Statements No charge for current year
$10.00 for prior years

Photocopies of Paid Checks
$25.00 each

Replacing lost or stolen certificates
3% surety bond plus handling fee based on market value of the shares being replaced

Insufficient funds processing/Return check fee
$25 each

ACH reject fee
$25 each

Wires (U.S.)
$35 each

Copies of cancelled certificates
$25 each

Research for information not housed on Computershare’s recordkeeping system
$25 per hour

Overnight mail request
$20 within the U.S.; $30 International

Rush transfer or certificate replacement
$75 each

Foreign currency wire
$50 each

Foreign currency check
$25 each

Print Page
Email Alerts
RSS Feeds
Request Information